It is week 6 of the One Room Challenge, and I’m excited to share a free printable I made! This DIY wall art was something I quickly put together in Photoshop. It is such a quick and budget friendly way to create some custom art on a budget. I’m also sharing my new area rug that totally transforms the room!
Affiliate links are use for your convenience. I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase through my links.
This One Room Challenge is coming together, and I’m happy with the progress I’ve made so far! The challenge features both featured designers and guest participants, so make sure to head over to take a look at all the updates this week!
Here are some quick links so you can see all the progress I’ve made up until now. I started with applying wallpaper for an accent wall, added some accent lighting, and painted a dresser with Fusion Mineral Paint!
WEEK 1 | WEEK 2 | WEEK 3 | WEEK 4 | WEEK 5 | WEEK 6 | WEEK 7 | WEEK 8
New Mohawk Area Rug
I am partnering with Mohawk rugs for my girls room makeover, and they sent me the most gorgeous rug for the room! When looking at area rugs I wanted to find something with a neutral pattern that would compliment the wallpaper well. I found this beautiful plaid patterned rug from Mohawk with a dark grey and creamy white and fell in love with it!
I love how it stands out in the room and provides some cozy texture and visual interest. Adding an area rug to a space can totally transform the look and feel! And I have to mention how soft it is! My daughters have loved sprawling out on the rug 🙂
DIY Wall Artwork – Free Printable
While shopping at Target in the dollar section I found an affordable large frame for only $5! It is white and included a matte, so it was perfect for a high-end look without a large price tag. I wanted to create a free printable for you guys (perfect if you have daughters!) so I created my own art in Photoshop.
I like how it turned out, and I used my trusty paint-tape trick to get level nails on the wall. Here are my steps for hanging artwork and getting it level:
How To Hang Level Pictures
- Grab some painter’s tape, nails, a hammer, and a level.
- Place your painter’s tape over the hanging hardware on the back of the picture frame. It should extend the entire width of the picture frame from end to end.
- You’ll press down on the tape to create an indentation of the hanging hardware into the tape (the shape of it will show on the tape).
- Use one of your nails to poke a hole into the tape where the nail will be placed on the wall (right under the hanging hardware).
- Place your painter’s tape onto the wall where you want the picture to go, and use a level to make sure the tape is level horizontally.
- Press your nail firmly into the wall where the holes in the tape are, creating a small hole in the wall. When you remove your tape from the wall you’ll be left with a small hole where you will nail your holes into.
I have been using this trick for years, and it works SO well! It is super helpful for hanging up artwork that has a set of hanging hardware on the back. Did you already know about this trick?
Free Printable Sisters Artwork
Do you have daughters who share a room? If so this is the perfect free printable artwork for you!
Click here for your free printable sisters artwork digital download!
RELATED: HAVE COURAGE AND BE KIND FREE PRINTABLE
To-Do List For The Girls’ Room Makeover
The last of my projects include adding some DIY window trim (like this one from Blesser House!), a new woven roman shade, and decorating! Here is my full list:
Paint the walls Apply Wallpaper Paint the twin bed Paint the dresser
- DIY window trim
- Install roman shade
Add wall sconce light(I’ll be showing you this next week!)
- New side table
DIY Artwork Add a new rug New toddler bed
Thanks for following along with my room makeover! I’m excited to finish up the room and share the reveal in a couple weeks!
Are you following along with me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook yet? I share more DIY projects and home decor Inspiration!