It is week 5 of the One Room Challenge, and I’m excited to share the new accent lighting with Crystorama! Lighting is so important in room design and I’m thrilled to have a beautiful new fixture to feature in the room.
Thank you to Crystorama for this beautiful light fixture for my daughters’ shared room makeover!
This is week 5 of the One Room Challenge and I’m happy so far with the results I’ve made in my girls’ shared bedroom makeover! I shared my girls shared room design board, how I added an accent wall with wallpaper, and a painted dresser makeover.
The challenge runs for 8 weeks and features both featured designers and guest participants. Everyone is giving one room a makeover, and documenting their process. You can check out all the other room designs and get some beautiful inspiration for your home!
Accent Lighting with Crystorama
One of the most important elements of a room design is lighting. It can create a huge impact in a room with both the design and the type of lighting used. Adding some softer lighting to a room can bring cozy vibes and create a comfortable and inviting space.
Since we live in an area of California that gets very hot in the summers, we need to have ceiling fans in our bedrooms. It is a must during the hottest times of the year! That meant that I could not change out the type of ceiling light that we currently have in my daughters’ shared room, but I could definitely add some accent lighting!
I had the opportunity to partner with Crystorama, and I picked out the most beautiful Mitchell polished nickel wall sconce. As soon as I spotted it I knew it would be perfect above my daughter’s bed as a reading light. It was a huge plus that it also has an electrical cord so that it didn’t need to be hard-wired (even though that is still an option with this model!).
How to install a plug-in wall sconce
- First I removed the silver plate from the back of the fixture and held it up to the wall. I made marks with a pencil to mark where my wall anchors would go.
- Next I placed plastic screw-in anchors into the wall.
- Then I held up the silver plate and then screwed in my screws, anchoring the plate to the wall.
- I placed the light fixture over the plate, and used the screws that came with the fixture to attach the fixture to the plate. I had my husband Nic help attach the screws while I held up the light, as it was easier with another pair of hands!
- Then I added a light bulb, plugged in the sconce, and was ready to go!
Now that we have the beautiful polished sliver sconce up in their room, we have the perfect light to turn on in the evenings when the girls are going to bed. We read bedtime books with the light, as it puts out the perfect amount of soft lighting. I’m thrilled with how this sconce makes a huge impact in the room and provides some cozy light for our nightly bedtime routine.
Follow along with my room makeover over the next few weeks! The reveal is coming up soon and you don’t want to miss it!