Crafts, DIY, DIY Decor, Holidays, My Home

DIY Farmhouse Valentine’s Wreath

DIY Farmhouse Valentine's Wreath

I’m so excited to share with you my latest DIY – a farmhouse Valentine’s Wreath! I’ve joined up with some fellow bloggers for a DIY Pinterest Challenge Valentine’s Wreath blog hop! You’ll find lots of inspiration for decorating this Valentine’s Day.

{Affiliate links are used for your convenience.)

Our inspiration for this blog hop is a Valentine’s Heart Wreath tutorial we found on Pinterest from Christina at The DIY Mommy. She created a heart wreath by using book pages and it is super cute! We are taking our inspiration from her DIY and using our own ideas and materials to make a similar project.

Materials Needed

How To Make A Farmhouse Valentine’s Wreath

First I started by creating the backdrop that I wanted to display my wreath on. While I was at Hobby Lobby last week I found an 11×14 wood sign on clearance for just $5.49. I didn’t love the design but I knew that a little paint could fix it right up.

I took some of my decor paint from Country Chic Paint in the color Simplicity and painted 2 coats on my sign. This covered the existing design completely.

DIY Farmhouse Valentine's Wreath

Next I took some wired olive leaf greenery garland that I had picked up last year for $3 in the Dollar Spot and started forming it into a heart. As I went along layering the garland I cut small lengths of floral wire and twisted them around the garland holding the pieces together.

DIY Farmhouse Valentine's Wreath
DIY Farmhouse Valentine's Wreath

Then I took some ribbon and slid it between the garland strands. I taped the ribbon to the back of my sign to hold it in place. This way if I want to change the wreath out later I can easily take it off.

DIY Farmhouse Valentine's Wreath
DIY Farmhouse Valentine's Wreath
DIY Farmhouse Valentine's Wreath
DIY Farmhouse Valentine's Wreath

I love how it turned out! It fits in perfectly with my decor and was super simple and easy to make!

Check out the other bloggers and see how they created their own versions for this Pinterest challenge!

Decorate and More with Tip

The Latina Next Door

Art and Sand

A Heart Filled Home

Decor to Adore

Follow The Yellow Brick Home

County Road 407

Le Cultivateur

Bluesky At Home

French Ethereal

Stilettos and Shiplap

For more DIY project ideas, make sure you are following along with me on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook!

Did you love this DIY project? You’ll also want to check out my friend Maune’s DIY floral table runner, my vintage chair makeover, my farmhouse coffee table makeover, and my simple DIY cake stand!

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

17 Comments

• Reply Cindy@countyroad407 January 15, 2019 at 6:10 am

Love how this turned out! It could work through the spring and summer! Great tutorial too. Thanks for joining us!

• Reply Leslea January 15, 2019 at 8:34 am

Thank you Cindy! Yes you are right, it could stay up for quite a while! Thanks for having me!

• Reply Laura Ingalls Gunn January 15, 2019 at 7:39 am

What a gorgeous heart! It truly could stay up year round. You certainly rose to the challenge. Happy Tuesday!

• Reply Leslea January 15, 2019 at 8:35 am

Thank you so much Laura! You are so sweet – I hope you have a great day!

• Reply Emily January 15, 2019 at 8:11 am

Your wreath turned out so cute!! ItÒ€ℒs is simply beautiful!!!
    ~Emily @ lecultivateur.com

• Reply Leslea January 15, 2019 at 8:36 am

Thank you Emily! I had so much fun making it – and it was so easy!! πŸ™‚

• Reply Terrie January 15, 2019 at 9:41 am

Leslea I love your wreath and the tutorial you gave. It is so easy to follow. This can be use all through the year with every season by changing the ribbon. Love it! I enjoyed working with you on this challenge.

• Reply Leslea January 17, 2019 at 9:21 am

Thank you Terrie! That is such a great idea to change up the ribbon with the seasons. It was so much fun to join you on this challenge!

• Reply Carol@BlueskyatHome January 15, 2019 at 9:57 am

Leslea, simple supplies and execution, but oh so impactful. I how a project comes from simple ingredients. Your wreath is so pretty in the frame and could be used year round. Great to be introduced to you in the challenge. Great example of using something you already have on hand.

• Reply Leslea January 17, 2019 at 9:23 am

Thank you so much for your sweet words Carol! I love when I can use what I have on hand and save money πŸ™‚ It was so great to meet you and join you on this fun challenge!

• Reply Tara @ Stilettos and Shiplap January 16, 2019 at 8:09 am

So simple but cute! Love it!

• Reply Leslea January 17, 2019 at 9:23 am

Thank you Tara! I think that is how I describe my style πŸ˜‰ So fun to join you on this fun challenge!

• Reply Yami | The Latina Next Door January 16, 2019 at 5:05 pm

I love that you bought something at Hobby Lobby on clearance that you didn’t necessarily like and made it your own, it’s something I love doing as well. Your wreath was simple yet elegant and can be used all year long too! This blog hop was so fun!

• Reply Leslea January 17, 2019 at 9:25 am

Thank you Yami! Yes I love re-purposing items and giving them a new life! So much fun. It was so great to meet you on this challenge!

• Reply Amber Ferguson January 17, 2019 at 8:45 am

Leslea this is so gorgeous in it’s simplicity! I absolutely Olive branches and olive trees! Your wreath hanging on the plain farmhouse framed canvas is perfect!

So happy to join you for this fun challenge. I hope you have a Happy Valentine’s Day!

• Reply Leslea January 17, 2019 at 9:27 am

Thank you Amber! I just love Olive branches too, they are so beautiful! It was so great to join you on this challenge – I loved seeing everyone’s projects! πŸ™‚

• Reply Julie Briones February 11, 2019 at 4:05 pm

Such a sweet and ‘fresh’ wreath, Leslea! Thank you so much for linking-up at Homestyle Gathering! Hope to see you tomorrow, too! πŸ˜‰