As a brand new Mom I did tons of research on the items that I thought we might need, and filled our registry and nursery with all of those items! Now 3 kids later … I know that there are quite a few things that weren’t actually necessary and some that were very essential! I have put together the 15 items that I really can’t live without as a Mom.
This list will help you narrow down your needs and will keep you from feeling overwhelmed and also help you save money! If you know a Mom-to-be this is a great gift guide for baby shower gifts. This is such a time-saver so you don’t have to spend tons of time researching all the things!
This post does include some affiliate links, but they are for your convenience. Please click here to read my full disclosure policy.
1. Boppy Nursing Pillow with extra slip covers. The Boppy Nursing Pillow is an essential for me, it has helped save my back through many nursing sessions, and also served as a pillow to prop my babies up while they were learning to sit up on their own. And don’t forget multiple slip covers, because sooner or later the original cover will get dirty and you’ll need a backup!
2. Nursing Cover from Covered Goods. I recently got a Covered Goods nursing cover last year, and I wish that this type of cover had been around for my first baby! This cover is really the best. It provides full coverage around all of you, it is light and breathable, it can be worn as an infinity scarf when not in use, and it can also be a car seat cover! I have loved using this and highly recommend it.
3. Diaper Bag from Petunia Pickle Bottom. I have this Satchel style Diaper Bag and I must say that it has held up so incredibly well over the last 3 years! The quality is great and these bags will last you a very long time. They have tons of storage pockets for all the tiny little baby socks, hair bows, sunscreen, bottles, you name it! I like that this style can be worn as a backpack and on your shoulder as a shoulder bag.
4. Baby Carrier This Ergo Baby Carrier has been a life-saver! My youngest loves being carried in it, and this especially comes in handy if I need to go out on errands and need to have my hands free! This carrier seems to be the least taxing on my back and very comfortable.
5. Diapers and wipes – because they really are a must have! My couple of my children have sensitive skin, and I’ve found that the Honest Company Diapers are very gentle on their delicate skin. Plus you can have them delivered straight to your door whenever you’d like! I do need to add that their diaper prints and designs are the cutest that I’ve ever seen.
6. Burp Cloths, because some babies just love to spit up. Our first two children spit up after almost every feeding, but our third didn’t do it as much (thankfully!).
7. Rock ‘n Play Newborn Sleeper is so awesome! This was the only place that my middle child would sleep for the first few months (if not cuddled in my arms!). It “hugs” them and makes them feel secure, and it is lightweight and easy to fold up and take with you. This was truly a life-saver for me!
9. You might need one of these Medela Pumps, I have this one and it’s awesome!
10. Bamboobies Nursing Pads are the best nursing pads out there! They are washable (just throw them in the washer with your clothes!), super absorbent, and feel soft on your skin. I wish I had discovered these earlier!
11. We love our Graco Stroller Travel System and it has lasted us through 3 babies! The convenience of being able to snap the infant car seat into the stroller so quickly has been a life-saver, especially when you have a sleeping baby. This one is very similar to ours and I love the neutral colors!
12. I love our changing table because it puts less stress on my back while doing so many diaper changes a day. This one is similar to ours and has plenty of storage underneath to put baskets to store your diapers and other essentials.
13. Clothing – Onesies, Pants, Pajamas and socks. You’ll want 7-10 sets of onesies and pants, as newborns tend to go through multiple outfits in a day sometimes. 4-5 pajamas and 4-6 pairs of socks will do!
14. HALO SleepSack Swaddler We used these for all of our babies, and highly recommend them! Using these will ensure that your baby is warm and snug!
15. The Honest Company Shampoo & Body Wash will be an essential for your little one’s baths. We use this at home and highly recommend it! We love the fresh scent and that it is natural, hypoallergenic and tear-free.
If you have any other baby products that are on your essentials list, please share them in the comments! I love discovering new products that will help my fellow Mamas!