Decorating, DIY, DIY Decor, My Home

Farmhouse Laundry Room Makeover Reveal – $100 Room Challenge Week 4

Modern farmhouse laundry room makeover for only $100!

Today is the big reveal for my farmhouse laundry room makeover! For the last 4 weeks I have been working on giving my laundry room a much needed makeover and only spending $100 to complete it! Erin from Lemons, Lavender and Laundry has been hosting the $100 room challenge this month and I’m so excited to have joined. My laundry room is looking sooo much better now that I’ve given it a makeover!

Thank you to Cutting Edge Stencils for providing a stencil for my makeover!

(Some affiliate links are used for your convenience.)

First let’s take a look at how my laundry room looked when I first started. It was a blank slate with no color, style, or decor. It looked so bland!

Plans for a budget friendly Farmhouse Laundry Room Makeover! from aheartfilledhome.com Plans for a budget friendly Farmhouse Laundry Room Makeover!.

Plans for a budget friendly Farmhouse Laundry Room Makeover!.

Are you ready to see the after? I’m super excited that I was able to achieve this look for under $100!

Modern farmhouse laundry room makeover for only $100!Here is my budget breakdown:

• “Wash” wood sign – $5.99
  • 4 metal wall brackets – $25.98 (50% off)
  • Wood for shelves (1 8ft x 9.5in board cut in half) – $16.70
  • DIY wood stain – free (using materials I had on hand)
  • Wall hooks – already owned
  • Laundry basket – already owned
  • Wall mirror – $15
  • Rug – $10.50
  • Laundry sign DIY – $10
  • Wash/Dry Sign – free (using materials I had on hand)
  • “Augusta” Stencil from Cutting Edge Stencils – $12.95
  • Painter’s Tape – already owned
  • White paint – already owned (leftover from a different project)
  • Grey paint – already owned (leftover from a different project)
  • Paintbrushes – already owned
  • Plastic bins from Dollar Tree – $2
  • Spraypaint – already owned (leftover from a different project)
  • Assorted decor/baskets on shelving – already owned

TOTAL – $99.12

Let’s take a look at some more after shots! I’m so excited for this transformation!

Modern farmhouse laundry room makeover for only $100!

Modern farmhouse laundry room makeover for only $100!

First I started this makeover by painting my accent wall white (Snowbound by Sherwin Williams), then stenciled the wall with my stencil from Cutting Edge Stencils to achieve the look of tile. Then I added some DIY shelves by installing some brackets (with the help of my husband), and screwing them into my wood shelves that I stained with my favorite natural stain.

Modern farmhouse laundry room makeover for only $100!

Modern farmhouse laundry room makeover for only $100!

I also spray painted some dollar store bins, made a couple of DIY wood signs using some leftover materials and this transfer technique, and hung up some metal hooks and a mirror over the sink. I love how the mirror has panels that make it look like a window above the sink. A few months ago I found it on clearance at Hobby Lobby and just had to have it!

Modern farmhouse laundry room makeover for only $100!

Modern farmhouse laundry room makeover for only $100!

Modern farmhouse laundry room makeover for only $100!

Modern farmhouse laundry room makeover for only $100!

I added a laundry hamper from my daughter’s room, and some baskets and decor from other rooms in my home. A great way to change things up on a budget is to shop from other rooms in your house!

Here are the sources for my laundry room:

I’m so happy with how my laundry room makeover turned out! Every time I walk in the room I can’t help but smile. It really is helping me enjoy doing laundry – as strange as that sounds! I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed laundry this much before!

Modern farmhouse laundry room makeover for only $100!

Modern farmhouse laundry room makeover for only $100!

Projects for my farmhouse laundry room makeover:

• Stenciled accent wall
  • DIY wood shelves
  • DIY laundry signs
  • Dollar store storage containers

Here are the links for each week of this $100 room challenge if you missed any of the progress!

Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4

For more DIY project ideas, make sure you are following along with me on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook!

You’ll also want to check out my modern farmhouse girls bedroom, my hand lettered canvas tutorial, and my DIY Roman numeral clock!

MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE REST OF THE $100 ROOM CHALLENGE PARTICIPANTS!

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

20 Comments

• Reply Temperance September 26, 2018 at 4:17 pm

You would never know you did this for under $100 – It looks absolutely incredible! You’re so talented and creative.

• Reply Leslea October 25, 2018 at 1:58 pm

Thank you Temperance! I love the printable you created – it is just perfect for laundry rooms!

• Reply Anne | onedeterminedlife September 27, 2018 at 9:36 pm

Great work! This looks amazing. I love the bold stencil and what it adds to the room

• Reply Leslea October 25, 2018 at 1:58 pm

Thank you Anne! Yes it’s amazing what a bold pattern can add to a room!

• Reply Zdravka September 28, 2018 at 9:45 am

Wow that’s a pretty transformation! Love it! Thank’s for sharing.

• Reply Leslea October 25, 2018 at 1:59 pm

Thank you so much! I loved putting it together!

• Reply Ashlee September 28, 2018 at 11:55 am

Now this is a place where I’d like to hang out in and do laundry! I love the stencil you used!

• Reply Leslea October 25, 2018 at 1:59 pm

Thank you Ashlee! I really do enjoy laundry more now that the room is finished! 😉

• Reply Meredith @ The Palette Muse September 28, 2018 at 5:53 pm

Oh I just love everything about this space! The stencil and shelves are gorgeous, and I’m so jealous of your nice big countertop and sink. It all looks amazing together!

• Reply Leslea October 25, 2018 at 2:00 pm

Thank you Meredith! Yes I am so lucky to have such a big countertop for folding laundry! It’s sooo nice!

• Reply Beth September 30, 2018 at 8:57 am

Oh my gosh, I love that stenciled wall! And those shelves are so perfect. Such a great space!

• Reply Leslea October 25, 2018 at 2:01 pm

Thank you so much Beth! The stenciled wall was definitely a lot of work, but it was so worth it!

• Reply Erin- Lemons, Lavender, & Laundry October 2, 2018 at 11:16 am

Wow!!! That is one incredible transformation!!! The stenciled wall looks amazing. (Now I want to do that in OUR laundry room!). Adding the signs and shelves was a perfect idea. Love everything about this room! I’m so, so glad you decided to join the challenge! And yay for enjoying laundry a bit more 🙂

• Reply Leslea October 25, 2018 at 2:02 pm

Thank you so much Erin! I loved joining the challenge!! It definitely challenged me to think more creatively and find budget friendly solutions for the room! So much fun!

• Reply Jackie October 5, 2018 at 2:17 pm

What a great transformation! The stenciled wall is so pretty and a real focal point. I really like those shelf brackets- they have a very cool industrial/ farmhouse feel.

• Reply Leslea October 25, 2018 at 2:03 pm

Thank you so much Jackie! Yes I love the brackets from Hobby Lobby. I think they are the perfect blend of industrial and farmhouse too!

• Reply Christina@TheFrugalHomemaker.com October 5, 2018 at 2:40 pm

Wow! Love your room – that stenciled wall is amazing!! Your room turned out amazing! So glad you joined the challenge!

• Reply Leslea October 25, 2018 at 2:04 pm

Thank you so much Christina! It was such a fun challenge – I’m so glad I joined!

• Reply Amy October 24, 2018 at 4:38 am

Wonderful job! Looks great! Thanks for sharing the sources. I like the shelf brackets.

• Reply Leslea October 25, 2018 at 2:04 pm

Thank you Amy! Yes the brackets from Hobby Lobby were such a great deal and I love how they look in the room!